Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Electrical Reliability Superintendent will design, develop and maintain electrical automation and instrumentation control systems or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. In this role, you will plan and direct the daily activities of instrumentation and electrical technicians performing preventive maintenance and repairs in accordance to the asset management program.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the electrical department including instrumentation, controls systems and safety.
- Participate in developing operational and capital budgets, estimating labor, material, construction costs and designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Provide oversight and inspection during the commissioning and startup of new equipment and systems to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Operate computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment while performing engineering tasks to produce electrical design elements consistent with project specifications accurately and timely.
- Control inventory and place orders for various equipment, material, instrumentation and electrical parts and supplies to ensure personnel can accomplish the tasks at hand.
- Oversee contract maintenance and coordinates with consultants and contractors interacting with other departments and vendors to meet customer requirements and key performance metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Intermediate Project Management skills
- Prior experience in designing and building electrical systems such as power, lighting and signal
- Extensive experience with programming logic controller programming
- Experience with and understanding of manufacturing processes and methodologies
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/