25% Buying Leadership
- Provide buying leadership for Plant Materials and Services, Corporate Material Services in Thailand and Philippines, to deliver on key activities for buying in the countries in their area of accountability.
- Establish clear plans to deliver on goals aligned with category management and deliver the value in the region of accountability. Collaborate with category managers on additional areas that can drive value for the organization and prioritize resources accordingly.
- Guide the team to work with global/regional category teams and ensures approval is obtained for procurement of indirect materials/goods, services and/or supplies for those spend limited that has agreed internally.
- Continues to build knowledge of the Source to Pay process for Cargill and how their respective team will deliver their part of the process. Share this knowledge back with key members of their team.
- Overseeing P2O processes including supporting sourcing events, spot buying and ad hoc business requests for categories managed by buying team and contract-level sourcing events, with regards to assessing, monitoring, reporting and implementing procurement processes
- Ensure the procurement processes are adhering to the CSSP Procurement Policy, Internal Risks/Controls, fraud Prevention guidelines and adheres to applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitor compliance with these areas.
- Deliver excellent client service experience with business units and functions.
- Under this positions’ leadership, help to resolve local buying issues and liaise with the appropriate parties in CSSP, CBS or Suppliers to resolve issues.
25% Inform and Implement Sourcing Strategy
- Provide Leadership to buying team in identifying opportunities for cost saving, in alignment with category strategies, to ensure best cost and value to Cargill.
- Leads and ensures implementation and alignment of category strategies through buying activities
- Works with category Teams to develop and implement sourcing strategies for category areas unique to aligned business (e.g. business or location-specific sourcing priority or opportunity areas) and identify opportunities for organization to support business requirements and sourcing support needs.
25% People Management and Talent Management
- Accountable for achieving Value targets and goals.
- Active engagement with team members, ensuring work direction is clear, objectives are defined and met.
- Accountable for talent development, performance management, succession planning and engagement of direct team. Expected to demonstrate a culture of one team, helping to mentor and guide the broader set of resources working to implement category strategies.
- Effectively prioritizing work assignments and allocating resources while meeting stakeholder expectations, establishing and adjusting priorities.
- Supervise staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Lead change across the buying team and assist with leading change across the broader organization.
25% Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Focus on utilizing a collaborative approach, developing relationships with various stakeholders, quickly developing credibility for the department and buy-in across business.
- Work closely with stakeholders of business and functions to thoroughly understand their requirements as well as sourcing/buying support needs, and ensure such needs/requirements are incorporated in sourcing/buying strategy.
- As needed, prepare and manage stakeholders meetings in order to provide project status, plans, progress, help needed, get alignment, and also ensure feedback of stakeholders are received and managed accordingly within CSSP.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Science, or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ years relevant experience with increasing responsibility; 5+ years of supervisory experience in complex procurement/supply chain organization
- Experience managing and developing team talent for large groups/teams. Prior experience in managing teams in a virtual environment.
- Prior experience in organizational transformation and effectively leading an organization through change.
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
- Proven communication skills in English - verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate a "hands-on" style and willingness to engage proactively with stakeholders at all levels, regionally and globally as needed.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to present information (prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely to all levels of management).
- Strong understanding of the Procure to Pay process and related technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAP ECC, Ariba or other PRTP Cloud solutions
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. APICS or ISM certification a plus.
- Six sigma or lean certifications and a few years of experience implementing the principles.
- Prior experience working on a regional team.