Trade Compliance Operations Analyst (Lampung based)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Trade Compliance Operations Analyst will be primarily responsible for routine cross border operations and compliance. Responsible for performing medium to moderate complexity customs activities and routine tasks utilizing define procedures. This position responsibility includes, data management, reporting, government agency interaction, shipment execution, business and function partnership. Collaborate with relevant functional COE leads to develop goals and objectives that share mutual outcomes for the benefit of the business. Supports and implement trade compliance operations strategies and standard processes to achieve trade compliance goals and objectives for regional cross border activity.
The position will work with trade compliance excellence team and have accountability for all trade compliance activity in their respective country, including developing and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Managing the processes, and a continuous improvement mindset is required. Must be able to communicate effectively, influence, demonstrate leadership and behaviors that are consistent with Cargill Values and high performance.
- Validate and coordinate import/export transactional data requirements
- Validates and coordinates import/export transactional requirements, including preparation of documents (e.g. invoices, preferential trade documentation, commercial invoices, customs documentation, etc.), using a basic to medium knowledge of global trade compliance operations practices and procedures.
- Execute controls to align with risk-control framework and guidance from centers of expertise to resolve cross-border issues.
- Identify and resolve issues in coordination with appropriate resources, and evaluate the need for internal escalation to ensure compliant execution of cross border transactions.
- Support and monitor cargo in transit to ensure timely shipping schedule, border crossing and compliance with local and overseas customs authorities.
- Execute Customs clearance & file import/export declarations using defined procedures, prepares and submits, with limited supervision, import and export self-filings, and / or submits instructions to customs brokers for preparing customs declaration forms (including SAP/GTS).
- Manage with guidance from Country Manager / Area Lead & Compliance excellence team, resolves holds, notifications and compliance alerts triggered by import/export declarations (Customs & OGA/PGA).
- Manage Customs Clearance activities as per SLA and KPI designed.
- Processes data entry activities to facilitate cross border execution and data analysis.
- Provides documentation and data to support duty/tax reconciliation and duty drawback claim process, and compiles reports for internal and external audit purposes.
- Provide and maintain data record for Customs Broker Evaluation Program.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the areas of customs, import/export
- Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Fluent English and local language in both written and verbal
- Highly collaborative – ability to excel in a team environment
- Self-starter – highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
- 3 Years’ experience in the areas of customs, import/export, operations
- Certified as Customs Declarant / Customs Broker License
- Experience with SAP and GTS (Global Trade Services) module
- Experience executing and ensuring trade compliance operations of Free Trade Agreement (FTA), Duty Draw Back and Free Trade Zone operations is a plus
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She’s a natural leader that wanted to mentor the next generation. She was empowered to create the Women’s Network in Brazil.Meet Heloiza
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.