Product Development Manager , Oils & Fats
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We are seeking a dynamic Product Development Manager, Oils & Fats to develop quality food products using industrial products expertise. In this role, you will plan and conduct complex technical development assignments that involve experience in food applications and product development. Do you want to be a part of a creative, dynamic team? Do you have proven food applications expertise? Join us!
- Directly contributes to the innovation pipeline/portfolio with ideas for the conversion of customer insights to the growth of distinctive product offerings within multiple and/or targeted core technologies component areas.
- Manage and lead the product development team in the most effective way in order to execute the projects on time.
- Independently conducts complex research and innovation initiatives to translate research discoveries into marketable products and further develop existing technology
- Develops strong business/customer understanding to ultimately influence, drive and create business opportunities from new product development point of view.
- Identifies emerging technology needs for business and proposes solutions within area of focus and expertise as well as assesses potential value creation and optimization generated from innovation discoveries.
- Source new and creative products and ingredients to meet changing consumer needs
- Participate as the oils & fats resource on multifunctional project teams
- Routinely provide technical direction to team members
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in food or chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of Oils & Fats R&D experience.
- Experience on working in a global and diverse organization.
- Fair knowledge on oils and fats applications.
- Proven track on R&D Project ownership and management.
- Understanding of food science and technical application on Oils & Fats.
- Ability to manage pilot facilities and team.
- Agile and resilient on project management, ability to recover from setbacks.
- Technical background on bakery & confectionery applications.
- Oils & Fats master degree is an asset.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.