Graduate Process Engineer
Cargill is an international provider of food, agricultural and risk management products and services employing more than 155,000 employees in over 70 countries. The Australian Business operations include oilseed processing and further value adding, grain and oilseed merchandising, bulk handling, cattle feed lotting and beef processing. Our modern and highly automated Crush and Refinery Operations Facility in Newcastle, processes over 250,000 tonnes per year of canola seed and refines more than 100,000 tonnes per year of oil.
The Graduate Process Engineer will work collaboratively with the site team to implement projects to improve the Newcastle plants efficiency, reliability and safety whilst assisting in the overall improvement of manufacturing and engineering processes and products. In this diverse and hands on role, you will provide technical support for the day to day operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to join and be mentored by a high performing team to support you in developing your career with Cargill.
- Working in a team assisting and supporting the Plant Operators, Production Engineers and Supervisor, and the Plant Manager in the day to day operational duties and project plans
- Ensuring manufacturing equipment and processes are operated to be efficient, cost-effective, and to promote quality and reliability
- Conducting tests and measurements throughout the different stages of production, interpreting the data and reporting on the findings
- Liaising with technical consultants, suppliers, and contractors
- Participating in site based, hands on, installation and commissioning tasks
- Training Operators and Maintenance Staff
- Maintaining policies, procedures and process safety information
- Engineering degree in chemical, process or manufacturing
- Graduate level and up to 3 years’ experience
- Effective communication skills with an ability to work effectively across teams
- Strong problem solving and data analysis capabilities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations
- Industrial health, safety and environment knowledge
- Strong computer skills
Apply now for an exciting opportunity to join the team.
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with complete confidentiality.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.