Head of Corporate Responsibility EMEA
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Head of Corporate Responsibility – EMEA will develop and lead the company’s corporate responsibility strategy across Europe, Middle East and Africa which includes leading our engagement strategy with non-governmental organizations, donors, customers and external stakeholders to enhance the company’s reputation, advance the company’s corporate responsibility, sustainability and business goals and support its license to operate. In this role, you will partner closely with businesses and key functions including sustainability government relations and global communications.
- Establish the EMEA corporate responsibility strategy and lead team members in the designated region to develop and implement an external engagement strategy with non-governmental organizations, international development organizations, industry groups and multi-stakeholder forums across the region.
- Identify and support engagement on a subset of key corporate responsibilities issues, including nutrition and sustainable food systems, that impact the company’s reputation and license to operate.
- Work closely with colleagues in the designated region and at a global level to support leadership positioning on corporate responsibility and sustainability around key focus areas.
- Support businesses in the region to integrate corporate responsibility into their strategies and identify opportunities for shared value while helping build knowledge, best practice and execution capacity into these businesses by working closely with embedded teams and functions.
- Provide counsel to senior leaders, as well as to commercial teams by supporting engagement with key customers on social and environmental supply chain issues.
- Identify opportunities for corporate responsibility to enable and de-risk business strategies by identifying shared value opportunities and leveraging funds from outside donors, foundations and customers, leading the design and implementation planning for significant programs and partnership.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business and/or regulatory environment while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and being responsible for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten or fifteen years of related work experience across multiple regions/countries and in an international or complex commercial environment
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Solid understanding of sustainability and corporate responsibility issues.
- Strong communications and influencing skills in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated agility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work with all levels of seniority, comfort in dealing with different cultures and languages
- Extensive experience in the food and agricultural industry, with demonstrated business acumen
- Five years of supervisory experience
- Experience representing an organization with external audiences including policy makers, stakeholder forums, customers, and suppliers
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.