Position Purpose & Summary
Responsible for understanding and applying the principles of quality assurance, quality control and food safety to ensure conformance to customer requirements for quality and food safety
30% PERFORM PREVENTION ACTIVITIES AND ISSUE RESOLUTION
- Performs quality assessments for process and monitors all activities for measuring and testing processes.
- Using pre-established criteria and procedures, conducts general tests/ trials/audits of finished and unfinished products, packaging, ingredients and raw materials to ensure food/feed safety and quality across a limited number of process areas.
- Ensures all quality controls are set and products and processes meet set standards and requirements
- Performs daily inspections (e.g. housekeeping), quality audits and validates systems
- Tracks and reviews corrective and preventive actions
30% DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT AND ASSESS PROCESS / SYSTEMS
- Modifies and maintains software quality operating systems; monitors software configuration verification
- Develops and executes routine technical support to the (general) assessment of quality assurance systems
- Review designs, changes, and plans of specifications and processes
- Collaborate with team to identify and implement process improvements
30% COLLECT AND ANALYZE DATA, DOCUMENT RESULTS
- Documents/ logs general audit and test data/ results (eg Camera systems, sample sheets, …). accurately and appropriately in the correct Information Management Systems (eg ERP/SAP, LIMS)
- Analyzes data and monitors implementation of all Process and Quality Control Strategy.
- Runs routine reports or systematically extracts food safety and quality data.
- Compiles general quality measurement and food/feed safety data.
10% SHAPE FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY AND REGULATORY CULTURE / REPUTATION
- Promotes the development of food safety mentality/ culture.
- Supports the development and delivery of appropriate training related to quality assurance and food/feed safety procedures.
- Prepares technical communication for customers and management and in response to food safety and/or quality questions.
- Supports transfer of knowledge to cross-functional teams (operations, FSQR, Technology) across location
- Relevant tertiary education (Animal Science/Quality Control/Audit)
- Strong knowledge and aptitude in Quality Control, Food Safety and HACCP
- Capable of building collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems; make sound judgments and uncompromising decisions; procedural and process thinker.
- General computer skills with MS Office
- > 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Good working knowledge of English
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/Cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.