Beef Cattle Nutritionist
About Our Business
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Beef Cattle Nutritionist will provide expertise and guidance on (cattle) nutrition, feeding programs, and operational management, which will help clients improve their profitability and be more successful. Duties include being able to effectively communicate and implement programs and solutions, including training of client employees and continual measuring and monitoring of key performance metrics. You will work as a member of the account team, which could include an account manager, operational specialists, and other teammates as needed to support the client’s business.
• Analyze producer’s overall operations and provides integrated recommendations on management and nutrition, designed to increase client’s profitability and business goals.
• Advise clients on optimal feeding and cattle management programs from a nutritional and financial standpoint which includes formulating customized diets, evaluating and recommending commodities values, and doing economic projections for feeding programs.
• Enhance the profitability of the client's business by working closely with other team members to collaborate and implement an integrated program with the client.
• Actively participate with the sales team to establish, build and maintain customer relationships with the intent to grow market share and determine how the resources of Cargill can be utilized to deliver value.
• Keep abreast of the latest scientific and management discoveries in the industry and build expertise relative to the customer base served.
• You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
•Bachelor’s degree in a Animal Nutrition or related field OR equivalent experience
•Minimum four years of directly related work experience
•Practical feedyard work experience
•Ability to travel up to 40% throughout the United States
•Masters or PhD degree in Animal Nutrion or other related study
•Proven leader, self-starter, and strong analytical and conceptual skills
•Agricultural sales and customer management experience
•Proven ability to build strong customer relationships
•Experience with training on-farm personnel on proper management techniques
•Experience presenting technical information to non-technical audiences
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.