Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Grain Origination Associate will represent the link between customer accounts and the company's customer facing strategy. In this role, you will purchase grain and assimilate basic cash commodity market knowledge to help prepare competitive service offerings for our customers. This is a partnership role with our seasoned grain buyers, to prepare you for a fulfilling career in grain origination and grain marketing.
- Purchase grain and help grower customers navigate commodity grain and carbon marketplaces.
- Identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit that can be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Support the enablement of an efficient and effective customer experience through utilizing our systems and digital offerings.
- Collaborate with external sales, merchandising, customer service and operations teams to meet customer needs efficiently and in a manner which is tightly linked to local cash market strategies.
- Develop an understanding of the basic market access needs desired by customers in the segment and work to quickly adapt to changes in these needs with shifts in local cash markets.
- Support competitively positioning commodity offers in local cash markets to efficiently source them through our processing facilities while focusing on maximizing profitability for both customers and the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer accounts using traditional telephone communication as well as video telephone software.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Understanding of basic production agriculture principles
- Commercial or sales experience
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.