Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Meat Solutions has an opportunity available for a Plant Engineer at its Continuous Cook processing facility in Nashville TN. The Maintenance and Engineering Manager reports directly to the facility General Manager and is accountable to ensure the deployment and execution of maintenance processes, energy and environmental compliance control and capital oversight in accordance and alignment with Cargill Corporate policies. Plant Engineer Collaborates with production and staff personnel for correction of production problems where engineering considerations are involved and assigns projects to and collaborates closely with the plant project engineers. Accountable for project cost, schedule, procurement, execution, start up, operability, and safety results and the reporting of these results. The Plant Engineer interfaces with other departments and facilities to ensure asset health and availability for production; this may include work with external customers (i.e. government agencies, industry associations and other organizations)
• 10% - Effective leveraging of labor, materials and equipment to prevent failures through proactive reliable asset management.
• 10% - Develop/execute effective equipment maintenance strategies.
• 10% - Project development, approval and oversight on expense and capital modifications to the facility and equipment in accordance with Company policies as well as recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices.
• 10% - Manage an on time and effective work plan (Diagnostics, deployment, proactive work execution and sustainment) delivery.
• 10% - Develop sustainability and coaching plans for long term success
• 20% - Staff development and performance management process. Work with Managers and Supervisors regarding operational goals, directives, training and development needs. Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures.
• 20% - Management of technical operations including refrigeration systems, utilities and wastewater treatment.
• 5% - Safety Management. Maintains total awareness of and compliance to all Safety regulatory legislation and Cargill policy and procedures.
• 5% - Problem solving and on floor assistance including other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree
- OR High School Diploma/GED or higher degree AND 5 or more years of facility maintenance experience.
- 5 or more years of maintenance management experience in an industrial environment
- Able and willing to be on-call evenings and weekends
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- Advanced education/degree specifically in operations, engineering or other related field.
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives (lean and six sigma)
- Experience in a meat protein facility.
- Managing complex projects
- Formal training and executing proactive work master plans in predominant proactive maintenance strategies
- Systems knowledge and ERP experince
- Managing complex projects in a location environment
- Ability to plan and execute work with minimal supervision
- This role requires strong competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline
- Experience creating and executing plans to drive organizational results
- Working knowledge of reliability practices
- Training in Cause Mapping Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis
- Experience with equipment and processes involving refrigeration, utilities and wastewater treatment.
- Training in Basic Level one understanding of Vibration, Infrared, MLT, Ultrasonic, and Motor Circuit evaluation.
- Training in work management processes, such as, planning and scheduling.
- Business fluency in English
- Professional verbal and written communication skills to complete proposals, presentations, policies, etc.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.