Engineering Placement Student
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
£21,000 per year plus benefits
Location: York, UK
Start date: July 2023
Are you looking for an Engineering placement at the end of your second or third year and are you studying an Engineering degree? If so, Cargill can offer you a superb opportunity to gain valuable work experience on our 12 month Undergraduate programme.
During your placement with Cargill, you will spend your time in our site in York, UK.
You will be responsible for small projects from initial design to completion. This will involve justification of projects, design, liaise with contractors to obtain the best possible solution, installation and finally commissioning. This could be anything from modification of pipe work to implementing changes in the process. You will participate in day-to-day manufacturing operations and this could include shift work.
The Engineering Placement programme also gives you the potential to be offered a graduate role once you have graduated.
What you will be doing:
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
- Spend time working on-shift to learn our processes and support site production management
- Play an active part in running our process and supporting our business
- Support and lead small continuous improvement processes, delivering improvements around safety, food safety, product yield and process efficiency
- Be given direct responsibility for capital projects, including the design, installation, and commissioning to help develop project management skills and responsibility for a future career
- Responsible for running regular site project update meetings and maintaining budget information for all site projects on Cargill’s project monitoring software
- Coordinate input from engineering disciplines and subject matter experts to ensure engineering designs meet the specific needs of the business
- Learn soft skills that will be transferable in your future career
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of unit operations learnt at university with hands on practical experience
- Develop the ability to work with a variety of different colleagues in our operations i.e., operators, supervisors, supply chain, finance, Health & Safety and food quality.
- Be involved in citizenship activities within our local communities
What we are looking for:
- Currently studying for an undergraduate Engineering Degree (BEng. or MEng.) with an expected grade of 2:1 or above
- Preferred Subjects: Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering students that are able to take ownership, want to gain hands on experience, and are curious and passionate to learn as well as being a strong communicator
- Good technical understanding of a process environment
- Ability to learn to use new engineering and management software swiftly and proficiently
- A strong interest in our business, our industry and in particular the position you have applied for
- Fluency in English language.
The next stage of our recruitment process is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of pre-recorded online questions. Please, kindly expect to receive an e-mail with the subject “You are invited to interview with Cargill”. If you are successful at the video screening stage, then you will be invited to a plant tour of Manchester location combined with short presentation and a face-to-face interview with the team.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.