Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension, private healthcare and employee assistance programme.
Job Purpose and Impact
Location: Worksop (S80 2RS)
Cargill’s global Cocoa and Chocolate business connects our deep cocoa knowledge with our broad food ingredient expertise, managing our supply chain from sourcing the beans at origin up to delivering our cocoa and chocolate products to our customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries.
The Laboratory Technician will complete analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. In this role, you will perform routine analysis of product testing and will check and monitor instrumentation performance, conduct tests and document results into databases and communicate test results.
Role is a permanent, full time, Monday-Friday days role. However flexibility to cover on some weekends will be needed.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in process and final products independently and support more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks and simple repair to analytical instrumentation and maintain customer specifications books.
- Help develop food and feed safety, quality and regulatory culture and collaborate cross functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Secondary education level or equivalent
- Previous Lab experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Degree in a relevant Scientific subject
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/