Canada Transportation & Logistics Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Canada Transportation & Logistics Supervisor will provide direction to a diverse team of operations, freight sourcing, mode analytics and fleet management professionals using a deep understanding of grain and crop inputs commodities for various market segments which include grain export, oilseed processing and farm/retail crop input needs. In this role, you will have end to end accountability and work to improve strategy and execution, provide leadership oversight, lead budget and resource management, monitor strategy compliance, develop new growth opportunities in various different departments and manage mid to senior level relationships with railroads.
- Partner with transportation and logistics sourcing teams within a country to assist in contract and rate negotiations within different modes of transport (rail & trucking) and develop and maintain relationships with railway service providers, carriers and brokers.
- Collaborate with businesses to understand customer and product specific requirements and develop and implement solutions to meet their diverse needs.
- Ensure all department activities within the country comply with internal corporate guidelines and external regulatory control policies.
- Coach and influence operations, freight sourcing, mode analytics and fleet management teams from different areas on process improvements and service delivery.
- Partner with senior department team members and stakeholders within local markets to ensure reliable service delivery to internal and external customers using a deep knowledge of shipping requirements.
- Identify, generate and track value metrics related to businesses and market segments we serve, to measure performance and identify and recommend continuous process improvements across the entire enterprise.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience and familiarity with rail and trucking transportation
- Experience coordinating with external stakeholders to satisfy logistics challenges
- Experience with customer and vendor relationship management and negotation
- Experience in transportation and logistics servicing grain, oilseed processing or crop inputs
Relocation assistance may be provided to Winnipeg, MB.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.