Job ID 270537
Date posted 07/05/2023
Location : Wichita, Kansas | Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Commodity Analyst will conduct analysis of the US/North American poultry and pork markets. In this role, you will provide detailed analyses of markets and other economic considerations, develop and deploy complex models, and utilize various tools and processes to influence decisions related to pricing, margin enhancement, and asset utilization.
- Develop, enhance, and execute complex tools, models, and processes to forecast and describe price, supply and demand, relative value, and global trends.
- Provide timely, accurate, and actionable insights to the commercial team and key customers.
- Partner with other analysts and team members to deliver complex analysis that maximizes our competitive advantage.
- Develop, coordinate, and support initiatives related to technology and data for trading data analytics and broader initiatives in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership for new data, technology, tools, and innovation.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the trading business and risk management and an understanding of what information adds value.
- Understanding of economics and experience with commodity supply and demand fundamentals.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Master's degree (graduate research considered relevant work experience).
- Proficiency in modeling, coding, data science and big data management.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided.
- Location: Wichita, Kansas.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match