Job ID 276357
Date posted 09/11/2023
Location : Wayzata, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Patent Agent will handle the intellectual property affairs for our company with collaboration from senior IP lawyers and agents. In this role, you will advise and represent the organization on legal issues concerning patent matters.
- Prepare and prosecute applications for patents.
- Provide legal advice on the patentability of inventions.
- Build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- On an as needed basis, partnering with other Law team members to support intellectual property litigation, dispute resolution, intellectual property related agreements, and merger and acquisition activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific field,
- Registration to practice in front of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Excellent communication, advocacy, and drafting skills
- Ability to effectively handle conflict and apply judgment in counseling
- Ability to problem solve using a creative, resilient, and flexible style and approach
- Confirmed ability to assess and handle risk
- Ability to effectively work with a global and diverse community of team members and stakeholders
- Minimum of six years of related work experience (e.g., technical and/or legal)
- Master’s degree, doctoral degree, or equivalent experience in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, biochemistry, food science, or a related field
- Minimum three years of experience drafting and prosecuting patents in the United States
- Excellent academic track record
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match