Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Machine Learning Engineer will develop and deliver new product, product renovation and value innovation projects through partnership with key regional customers and supply partners. In this role, you will support manufacturing and quality initiatives through product modifications to drive safety, quality and capacity and lead and deliver capability projects for improved laboratory analysis methods, characterization, sensory panel development and consumer screening tools.
- Identify and use consumer product and industry technology trends in collaboration with internal and external suppliers in new product concepts, samples and prototypes.
- Ensure consumer and customer acceptance by the application of product and technical expertise into winning submissions to customer briefs ahead of competition, that meets innovation key performance indicators of product superiority, launch timing and cost.
- Develop and maintain current and leading industry trends through active participation in regional and global networks.
- Ensure effective partnership and communication with marketing, sales, finance, manufacturing, supply chain and food safety, quality and procurement.
- Organize and participate in product innovation workshops to showcase product developments in person or virtually and represent the organization in technical interactions with key customers.
- Provide daily mentorship and project management direction to application support staff including laboratory technicians.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in product design and project data management, product specification systems and sensory and statistical applications software
- Experience with laboratory methods or pilot lines, sensory and consumer panel application, with awareness of product quality and food safety and regulatory practices
- Experience in related industry consumer and customer focused role with business to business and business to customer exposure
- Experience in bringing new products or product upgrade initiatives successfully to market within a multifunctional team
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.