Mail Services Representative
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Mail Services Representative will ensure that inbound and outbound packages and envelopes are handled properly and efficiently. In this role, you will ensure shipments meet local government and international regulatory requirements.
- Provide mail and shipping desk services for a single location or multiple locations.
- Receive, sort and deliver inbound mail parcels and packages.
- Maintain detailed records of all incoming packages including weight and dimensions using an inbound package tracking application.
- Support internal customers for the shipment of outgoing mail and packages and ensure proper packaging and labeling requirements for chemical and hazardous materials shipments, international shipments, partial truck shipments and priority packages.
- Prepare carrier labels and provide support for other company locations.
- Identify and resolve routine problems following established guidelines.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift weight up to 30 pounds.
- Air or ground hazardous material shipping certification.
- Team lead or supervisory experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.