Job ID 276316
Date posted 09/18/2023
Location : Wahpeton, North Dakota
Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Chemist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Control Chemist, will provide expertise with all daily operations in quality control laboratories. In this role, you will support the buildup and maintenance of the rapid technology platform by providing reliable accurate analytical figures as well as perform validation and troubleshooting of new analytical methods to ensure they meet the requirements and deadlines.
- Provide analytical support to Rapid Technology Application platform by releasing precise and accurate results and ensure scope of testing parameter is sufficient to build MPA module.
- Provide ongoing technical support to stakeholders, investigate quality problems and deliver improvement actions with follow up.
- Perform method validation and verification to roll out new testing method in the lab.
- Document standard operating procedures, identify possible trends in testing results with data analysis software and provide input to team members to improve quality control system.
- Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent data, including spreadsheets, graphs and reports.
- Maintain systems and techniques for reporting data across functional areas.
- Organize and participate ring tests with the goal to check and control methods and equipment.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (in the sciences with the exception of social sciences) OR equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including night, weekends and holidays.
- Experience with chemical analysis (preferable)- starch, sweeteners, etc.
- Proven ability to anticipate, recognize and solve process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food, safety, quality, productivity and cost.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match