Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Sr Account manager – Feed will sell directly to the consumer or business purchaser or indirectly through various sales channels. We seek a results-oriented professional who is comfortable conducting face-to-face and remote sales with new and an assigned group of existing customers within the animal feed sector. In this role, you will be evaluating customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and solutions. You will be part of the Animal Feed sales team, focusing on the European Animal feed industry where you will be managing a defined group of With minimal mentorship, develop and execute client relation, retention, (growth) account plans and strategies for developing sustainable and profitable business with assigned accounts.
- With guidance and cross-functional support, quote for new business contracts, negotiate terms and conditions for the sale, to meet long and short term value and volume targets.
- Identify new business opportunities and commercial partnerships in the animal feed market
- Review and report on customer performance, business opportunities and market trends. Closely monitoring and managing contract positions, forecasts and contract conditions.
- Coordinate the use and access to resources (technical, FSQR, sustainability, product line management, pricing, risk, marketing, supply chain oa) to provide added services to accounts in scope
- Participate and coordinate to resolve problems and ensuring customers receive high quality service according to their needs and priority.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff. existing and prospect customers to achieve company sales (volume and value) targets and to become a trusted advisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. agriculture/animal nutrition) or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four years of related work experience in sales within feed or food industry, including developing deep customer engagement and prospecting new customers in a B2B environment
• Fluency in English and preferably in Dutch/Spanish/German or Polish
• Large network in (compound) feed industry in Europe
• Understanding of food product industry and or feed industry. Preferably also knowledge of regulations and legislations within the nutrition field
• Integrity and trust in combination with the drive to achieve results and the ability to build, long term relationships with our customers
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/