Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The European Sales Director Retail/Food Manufacturers Channel will lead and develop strategy, sales teams and processes to achieve revenue targets. In this role, you will provide strategic vision and tactical direction, oversee and direct the responsibilities of employees and represent the organization in promoting and selling the company's products and services.
• Organize and coordinate sales operations in a specified geographical area.
• Evaluate market potential and the status of sales in the area. Plan and organize sales projects and activities for a geographical area.
• Identify potential customers and nurture existing customer relationships.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Director to plan, develop and deliver the marketing strategy for products, services and associated brands.
• Develop mid to long term plans to optimize the retail/food manufacturers channel organization and the talent needed for the job.
• Meet the channel volume and profit targets.
• Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with colleague managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience in food industry
• Demonstrated history of customer growth and closing new business
• Fluent in English
• Open to travel up to 40-50%
• Ten years of related work experience in food industry
• Ensure team-spirit and collaboration within the sales team and with other functions.
• Provides direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done.
• Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Build strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
• Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
• Champion of change management to improve the strength of the organization and the business.
• Growth Mentality – sees challenges as opportunities and strives to find solutions that create stakeholder success.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/