Job ID 276699
Date posted 09/19/2023
Location : Tokyo, Japan
Job Purpose and Impact
The Transportation Country Lead Senior Supervisor will provide direction to a diverse team of operations, freight sourcing, mode analytics and fleet management professionals for a country using a deep understanding of assigned markets. In this role, you will have end to end accountability and work to improve strategy and execution, provide leadership oversight, lead budget and resource management, monitor strategy compliance, develop new growth opportunities in various different departments and manage mid to senior level relationships with key vendors.
- Partner with transportation and logistics sourcing teams within a country to assist in contract and rate negotiations within different modes of transport and develop and maintain relationships with transportation service providers, carriers and brokers.
- Collaborate with businesses to understand customer and product specific requirements and develop and implement solutions to meet their diverse needs.
- Ensure all department activities within the country comply with internal corporate guidelines and external regulatory control policies.
- Coach operations, freight sourcing, mode analytics and fleet management teams from different areas on process improvements and service delivery.
- Partner with senior department team members and stakeholders within local markets to ensure reliable service delivery to internal and external customers using a deep knowledge of shipping requirements.
- Identify, generate and track value metrics across all of the departments relating to the country to measure performance and identify and recommend continuous process improvements across the entire enterprise.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience and familiarity with transportation equipment and service providers
- Experience coordinating with external stakeholders to satisfy logistics challenges
- Experience with customer and vendor relationship management and negotation
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
Gather, synthesize and analyze data and prepare reports and presentations to communicate transportation performance and metrics and drive continuous improvement.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Provide leadership and management to a country on the transportation and logistics operations process and provide input and ensure alignment with the global transportation and logistics operations service delivery strategy and operating model.
- Follow and implement strategic and operating budgets to achieve short- and medium-term financial performance objectives set by the business and ensure accountability within the team.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match