Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Manager will provide strategic operational oversight for all production and operating processes for a single plant with moderate complexity, as well as supply chain processes for our aqua nutrition feed facility in Surrey, BC. In this role, you will oversee safety, quality, employee engagement, operational effectiveness and financial performance. This position will be apart of the business leadership team.
- Ensures employee safety, food safety and environmental compliance program standards and goals are implemented.
- Accountable for all internal and external operating and regulatory procedures on employee, food safety including strategic and tactical execution in alignment with corporate environment, health and safety and food safety, quality and regulatory functions as well as government regulations.
- Establish and deploy operational priorities for a single plant with moderate complexity.
- Leads strategic and tactical operations and quality management deliverables to ensure customer, product and quality standard requirements are met within specifications.
- Leads, directs and controls capital and operating budgets for a single plant to achieve medium term outlook financial performance objectives set by the business.
- Ensure and hold direct reports accountable for meeting and controlling operating expenses and established targets.
- Oversee the overall operational management and implement operational efficiency improvements which may include standardization of plant information manufacturing systems, quality control, safety, production reliability excellence and maintenance and operators best practices.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Manufacturing excellence knowledge
- Lean six sigma
- Previous experience working within a food manufacturing facility
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.