Job ID 273374
Date posted 08/09/2023
Location : Shanghai, China
Job Purpose and Impact
The Paralegal will perform a variety of law related tasks under the general direction of the lawyers to support various business units/functions. In this role, you will assist in, i) drafting or reviewing a variety of commercial contracts, internal policies/procedures and other legal documents for various business units, ii) facilitating smooth communication among and between internal stakeholders, iii) supporting lawyers in legal disputes management, iv) conducting legal research and following up with legislation updates, and v) performing other related duties.
• Help draft, review and edit contracts/agreements related to purchase and sales, marketing, and other type of commercial contracts with low risks independently and provide legal advice on the contract terms where necessary, under regular supervision.
• Work with lawyers to be the direct contact to business for daily legal related inquiries, including market campaigns, market claims, brand protection, and any other business initiatives. Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff. Provide legal advice under the supervision from lawyers subject to the nature and complexity of the issue.
• Support lawyers to coordinate internal and external communication with regard to legal disputes management and monitor progress for lower risk cases independently. With regular supervision, develop and maintain files, databases and systems to collect, store and retrieve data on litigation/arbitration. Prepare legal forms and templates and legal pleadings (arbitration, litigation, etc.) under direct supervision by lawyers.
• Help draft, review and edit legal documents based on standard knowledge of legal and corporate practices and procedures.
• Use readily available data sources to conduct routine legal research, and legislative updates relevant to Cargill’s business in China.
• Other duties as assigned by lawyers.
• Bachelor or above’s degree in law.
• PRC Bar qualification.
• Relevant working experience is preferred.
• Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory, information to effectively solve problems.
• Strong learning agility.
• Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• Experience with more complex research and analysis, project management, drafting or interpreting documents, and maintaining tools, resources and data management systems.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match