Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Analytics Engineer will prepare business relevant information and reduce time to insight by leading technical activities that enable information capture, business intelligence and analytics competency. In this role, you will ensure teams have the data needed to make timely, accurate and actionable insights by investing in the core capabilities of data management, data engineering and key decision support applications that consume data. You will be a key partner between business needs and data engineering and will deliver the final information product including the dashboards that enable business value.
- Design and implement internal process improvements, optimize data delivery and create scalable data sets.
- Build existing data assets and prepare data to meet specific reporting and analytics needs.
- Build data solutions to enable automated and self service data consumption.
- Model, design, develop, test and implement complex backend and front end structures to meet business visualization, reporting and analytics requirements.
- Evaluate the performance of processes, services and outcomes and recommend performance improvement.
- Partner collaboratively with data engineers on complex infrastructure projects and advocate for and emphasize the business value of applications and offer mentorship and technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed skills of enabling data content for reporting or analytics solutions
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Certification in programing language
- Confirmed skills in querying relational databases with query language
- Confirmed experience working with large data stores
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.