Continuous Improvement Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Continuous Improvement Lead will develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives. In this role, you will conduct continuous improvement activities with medium project cost and risk and activities with less defined processes for multiple locations.
- Directly provide updates on the project objectives, performance measures, issues and risks to partners and management.
- Monitor and implement continuous improvement best practices.
- Develop and handle continuous improvement plans for projects with low cost and risk to reach and sustain project goals.
- Conduct organization readiness assessments, value realization, opportunity prioritization, resource evaluation and execute continuous improvement strategies that meet business needs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working experience with continuous improvement efforts (lean and/or six sigma).
- Experience effectively training others on continuous improvement tools and processes
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Supervisory or leading experience.
- Working knowledge of reliability practices.
- Experience working within Manufacturing Excellence, Operational Excellence, or Continuous Improvement models.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in manufacturing, operations, engineering, or maintenance and reliability.
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
,Newark, CA Salt Manufacturing Facility
The expected salary for this position is $95,000 - $130,000. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific location, certifications, education, and level of experience. The disclosed range estimate may be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
At Cargill we put people first. As part of your overall rewards, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered and hours worked. Visit: https://www.cargill.com/page/my-health/mh-health-and-wellness to learn more (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions) .
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.