Senior Database Consultant (Open to Remote) - NA
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Database Consultant will independently analyze business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified information technology solutions for the entire organization as a subject matter authority. As a database subject matter expert, you will use extensive technical knowledge to develop, maintain and establish the over strategy, architecture, and operational specifications for database systems, globally. In this role, you will lead and provide consulting services on database technologies across various projects/initiatives, globally.
- Independently coordinate partnering and cross functional collaboration across information technology teams for Global IT Infrastructure.
- Independently lead, guide, and advise on the purchase, design, installation, configuration and maintenance of database servers and software, both on-prem and on cloud.
- Implement short and long-term information technology solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
- Design infrastructure strategies and work with enterprise architecture to develop future technology architecture and systems solutions.
- Provide expert thought leadership in database technology and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Experience in database management, architecture, and design as well as expert-level knowledge of at least one of the following database products: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP HANA
- Proven track record of implementing company wide database practices and policies
- Willingness and commitment to learn other database technologies, automation, container, and cloud technologies
- Understanding of various relational and non-relational database technologies along with their benefits, downsides, and best use-case
- Experience working with cloud data services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), preferably AWS
- Experience in Agile development methodology & Agile development tools
The expected salary for this position is $145K - $160K. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
Full-Time (30+ hours) positions are eligible for a benefit package including the following (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions): Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision, and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.