Job ID 277100
Date posted 09/19/2023
Location : Minneapolis, Minnesota
Director of External Legal Partnerships (Open to Remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Director of External Legal Partnerships will be the custodian of the organization's legal strategic sourcing and procurement complex strategy. In this role, you will drive alignment between essential teams at the global level to oversee and execute the strategy in close coordination with the key leaders and teams. You will champion strong internal and external relationships and networks and ensure business priorities are incorporated into the Global Law and Global Legal Operations strategy.
- Lead all aspects of the vision, goals and long term strategy of Global Law's sourcing and procurement of legal professional services, including outside counsel, security, investigation firms and government lobbyists using broad knowledge of related legal strategic sourcing and procurement trends to execute strategy that aligns with and is synchronized across all of the domain capabilities.
- Lead and develop highly complex processes to drive cost efficiencies while mitigating risk inherent in domain spend and collaborate with other functions within the company to provide tools and insights in the execution of Global Law's strategies.
- Build processes that integrate Law's financial planning, budgeting and related spend and monitor and handle the impact to Global Law's financial performance in partnership with the essential leaders.
- Partner collaboratively across each of the domain pillars to oversee risk and run related positions and reports.
- Lead the process of selecting third party legal vendors and negotiate agreements and corporate discounts and develop and implement internal processes and policies to assess vendors, including expertise, value and diversity and equity and conduct annual assessment of legal vendors.
- Engage with company senior partners to understand internal needs, develop outstanding business engagement models and deliver on aligned short and long term goals and develop, foster and cultivate third party vendor relationships.
- Bring in and utilize market and industry knowledge to drive business and functional priorities, build value and define metrics to prioritize process improvement opportunities as well as develop and deliver performance scorecards.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Ability to develop a high degree of trust and strong relationships with multiple stakeholders of varying levels.
- Experience communicating analytical findings/recommendations/models, both verbally and in written form to senior management in a professional, concise, and direct manner.
- Experience researching and identifying problems, develop proposals, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others.
- Strong experience leading multi-regional projects, aligning partners and driving multi-functional initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match