Import Compliance Operations Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Trade Compliance Operations Specialist will perform moderate to low complexity trade compliance operations activities to execute routine tasks and procedures. In this role, you will collaborate with multiple business units to drive continuous improvement.
- Execute trade compliance operations activities with limited supervision, using department procedures and controls to preserve value and mitigate risk.
- Validate and coordinate import/export transactional requirements that apply to documents and data.
- Update and maintain customs master files and records, and support compliance with records and information management policies and controls.
- With limited supervision, review or prepare documents (invoices, preferential trade documentation and other cross-border documents) to ensure they meet legal and fiscal requirements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, internally and externally, to implement trade compliance operations solutions.
- With limited supervision, execute cross-border clearance, and file import/export declarations with customs and other government agencies using defined procedures.
- Process, collect, organize, analyze and report required data to facilitate cross-border execution and analysis.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office, expert in Microsoft Excel.
- International commercial terms knowledge.
- Experience managing SAP and global trade services.
- Location: Miami, Florida.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.