Patent Agent EP
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Patent Agent will handle the intellectual property affairs for our company with collaboration from senior IP lawyers and Patent Agents. In this role, you will advise and represent the organization on legal issues concerning patentability, patent drafting, and patent prosecution matters.
- Provide legal advice on the patentability of inventions.
- Prepare and prosecute applications for patents.
- Build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- On an as needed basis, partnering with other Law team members to support intellectual property litigation, patent oppositions, post-grant proceedings, third party observations, dispute resolution, intellectual property related agreements, and merger and acquisition activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific field
- Qualified or Part-Qualified European Patent Practitioner (Papers A and B)
- Excellent communication, advocacy, and drafting skills
- Ability to effectively handle conflict and apply judgment in counseling
- Ability to problem solve using a creative, resilient, and flexible style and approach
- Confirmed ability to assess and handle risk
- Ability to effectively work with a global and diverse community of team members and stakeholders
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Excellent academic track record
- Master’s degree, doctoral degree, or equivalent experience in chemistry, materials science, food science, or a related field
- Fully Qualified European Patent Practitioner (Papers A-D)
- Minimum three years of experience drafting European patent applications in English and prosecuting applications at the European Patent Office
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.