Job ID 258225
Date posted 09/26/2023
Location : Lake Odessa, Michigan
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Master Electrician will provide technical support and specialist knowledge for overall governance for electrical engineering standards, applications, gaps, solutions and measurements to increase production quality, efficiency and volume for the business. In this role, you will participate in complex activities related to electrical maintenance to enable projects and improve our capabilities by providing engineering support for the plant.
• Support the development of the most effective approach to identify, monitor and implement corporate electrical standards, policies, procedures and job aids.
• Provide input to cross functional teams to select and implement tools and methodologies that will enable best practices.
• Will train other technicians and key individuals to ensure compliance with the electrical program and relevant codes as well as other electrical skills as necessary.
• Provide direct support and delivery of services for the plant by completing work orders. This will include routine Master Electrician tasks including but not limited to Conduit run, wire pulls, electrical maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Support providing leadership to the planning and implementation of electrical engineering standards and deliverables in capital project.
• Execute the tactical development and delivery oversight of vision, direction and strategy for the corporate electrical policy.
• Identify opportunities and bridge electrical gaps in applications by establishing auditing control mechanisms.
• Propose and develop recommendations in areas of improvement by implementing solutions to improve performance and identify acceptable risk tolerance.
• Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
- Valid Master Electrician License in the State of Michigan
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Lean six sigma
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience.
- Project management and process safety management experience
Relocation assistance is provided for this role.
This position offers a signing bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match