Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor will apply technical knowledge of process safety to deploy corporate standards to handle hazardous processes. In this role, you will manage safety teams and guide the development of strategies to deploy, implement and sustain corporate process safety risk management standards and ensure prevention of serious process safety events.
- Assess complex environmental, health and safety risks, opportunities and impacts using your knowledge of industry best practices, standards and regulations and advise on potential impacts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the development of programs and processes involving little interpretation and variation to execute the environmental health and safety strategy following all regulatory guidelines.
- Identify and implement changes to support continuous improvement of complex environment, health and safety programs and processes.
- Provide operational leadership to the audit, inspection and risk assessment processes and expand as appropriate.
- Review and analyze audit results requiring some interpretation, to confirm that the corporate, business and regulatory standards are met.
- Guide employees on specific customer and community concerns related to all environment, health and safety topics and equips them with the information and tools they need to accurately represent Cargill on related topics.
- Design moderately complex training solutions related to environment, health and safety issues, practices and risks used to build awareness of industry values, strategies and performance.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
This position will provide relocation.
Benefit package includes: Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP). Learn more at: www.cargill.com/myhealth
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.