Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Please notify your supervisor prior to applying for this position. If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift Available: Night Shift: Sunday Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, from 7 pm to 5 am
- Compensation: $26.83 hourly
- Sign on bonus: $2000
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as electrical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Modifying or building equipment by reading and comprehending electrical/mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic experience with maintenance trades
- Experience performing maintenance trades such as pipefitting, rigging systems, gearbox and bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, or hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with safe work practices, such as Pre-Job Hazard Analysis (PJHA), confined spaces, job task permitting, etc.
- Trade school certification or degree in a maintenance related field, or relevant military experience
- Experience with precision maintenance, such as laser alignment and/or dial indication
- Possess a valid Canadian full class 5 driver’s licence in good standing authorizing you to drive independently during the course of your employment
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.