Food Safety Quality Technician - 12 hour rotating shift
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality Technician will complete moderately complex analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. In this role, you will perform routine analysis of product testing and will check and monitor instrumentation performance, conduct tests and document results into databases and communicate test results.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in process and final products independently and support more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks and simple repair to analytical instrumentation and maintain customer specifications books.
- Help develop food and feed safety, quality and regulatory culture and collaborate cross functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak in the English and Spanish Language
- Laboratory instrumentation experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.