Job ID 269103
Date posted 09/25/2023
Location : Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor II will provide subject matter expertise in environmental, health and safety compliance. In this role, you will develop, implement and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state and local regulations and requirements for a very complex operation with two or more highly hazardous processes, high serious injuries and fatality and serious environmental event potential.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs and document that control programs have been implemented as planned for very large and complex operation with high risk and exposure.
- Define, implement and lead processes for risks, hazards and opportunity identification and determine resources required to execute.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that addresses operation or business disruptions, recovery and social media and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Promote environmental, health and safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health and safety issues, practices and risks and coach others as the need arises.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Identify and review hazard, risk and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Knowledge and capability to interpret state & federal EHS regulations for routine manufacturing site operations
- OSHA 10 Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Strong EHS regulatory knowledge
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
- This position is located in Hazleton, Pennsylvania for our Cocoa & Chocolate business
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match