Job ID 275149
Date posted 08/31/2023
Location : Gurgaon, India
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Trading Data Analyst, will assist in the application of new models and globally integrated perspectives to generate strategic insights that will promote the company's competitive position and ultimately grow trading earnings. In this role, you will be a consumer of data working across product lines and assist in the evaluation of new data sets and new sources of data and participate in the design and implementation of basic application programming interfaces and data access queries by providing requirements for models or visualizations.
- Deploy a basic understanding of the trading questions that data can help to solve.
- Validate quality and coverage of datasets while helping to prioritize and implement well defined data and analytical tool development efforts based on trading opportunity.
- Collaborate across regional and global teams to ensure we capture, centralize and use the most valuable data for analysis in a systematic, repeatable and accurate manner with oversite from supervisor and higher level analysts.
- Partner with and support other data analysts to validate quality and coverage of datasets.
- Assist to define and design scalable and integrated data systems and processes and focus on continuous improvement of analytical methods and tools with oversite from supervisor and higher level team members.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand business requirements and serve as a consultant to internal teams
- Knowledge of agricultural trading business and an understanding of the information that adds value to trading
- Experience with and understanding of relational and distributed data systems
- Experience using data visualization applications to develop and deploy insights and reporting
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Ability to develop queries using multiple programming languages
- Familiarity with scientific programming languages
- Familiarity with using relational databases or distributed file storage applications
- Understanding of commodity trading markets
- Minimum of two years of experience with data or data warehousing systems
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match