Greater Manchester, United Kingdom |
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
The Utilities Technician is responsible for the day to day operation of all site utilities systems that the support the manufacture of glucose syrup and its associated co-products. Utilities is made up of the CHP plant, RO plant, cooling and evaporative cooling systems, site water supply, effluent infrastructure, compressed air and natural gas supplies.
The position will have direct responsibility for operation of the CHP plant and associated supporting unit operations, site steam and condensate distribution systems, site compressed air supply, cooling towers and cooling tower water systems, effluent system and potable water system. The role will interface with internal and external parties with issues related to all energy sources, energy efficiency, waste water and other utilities at the Manchester facility.
Position Principal Accountabilities
- Monitor and operate CHP & associated plant, to include plan logs and month end data for accounting
- Carry out monthly safety checks to include boiler evaporation tests and diesel fire pump running to meet HSE & FM global recommendations and compliance
- Carry out departmental safety audits and checks
- Continuously review, write and update all Utilities operating procedures
- Carry out front line maintenance (FLM) to include valve changes, steam trap changes and assistance of pump changes
- Raise work orders for plant maintenance and improvements
- Prepare permit to work, risk assessments and PJHA’s for Utilities maintenance work
- Monitor and maintain site energy systems to include energy reports, PMS and steam demand set up
- Provide site/department with out of hours support
- Supervise the safe off-loading of all utilities chemicals and supplies
- Operate, monitor, clean and maintenance site reverse osmosis
- Supervision of site contractors to include Siemens, Turbomach, Ingersoll Rand & Nalco
Education, skills & experience
- Minimum Ordinary National Certificate in an Engineering Discipline.
- Boiler Operation Accredited Scheme (BOAS) qualified
- Confirmed years of experience in plant operations.
- Demonstrated competent level of technical skill in a production or utility related area
- Sound mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude.
- Sound technical, analytical and fault finding skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- PC literate and intermediate level at Excel and Pi OSI
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She’s a natural leader that wanted to mentor the next generation. She was empowered to create the Women’s Network in Brazil.Meet Heloiza
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Learn More (Inclusion & Diversity)