Process Team Member
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom |
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Process Team Member
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Position Purpose & Summary
- To ensure daily running and management of Seaforth Operation (Crush and Refinery) functions.
- Provide long term absence cover for Process areas in Crush and Refinery.
- Provide cover for training to enable operators to be released
- To ensure that plant cleanliness and compliance with audit requirements are adhered to.
- To support the manufacturing operations to achieve best in class operating performance from every perspective
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to by Cargill personnel and contactors
- To undertake problem solving and decision making within a self-managed, Continuous Improvement environment
- To be adaptable to demands of working in shifts when required to support training and time back for process technicians.
- 70% Assisting Manufacturing Coordinator in day to day operational and continuous improvement activities.
- 10% Support Operations for cover during plant shutdowns, and startups, and long-term absence cover. Availability for moving into shift role.
- 10% Maintain housekeeping of the plant including awareness of the Environmental Permit for the site and the operating conditions and limits within it; using Maximo system to report and track any maintenance issues or safety issues found during the shift; complying with audit and safety requirements.
- 10% Any other duties as required by plant operations including but not limiting to First aider, shutdown support, audit preparedness, relieving operators for design review /training etc…
A key requirement of this role is for the incumbent to be flexible to meet business needs i.e. able and willing to work flexible shift patterns to provide cover where required for long term sickness and training.
Education, Experience, Skills
- NVQ II in mechanical, chemical or process engineering and/or
- Experience of working within an industrial process environment and/or
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (including English and Maths)
- First Aid Certificate. (Cargill to provide training)
- Basic computer skills
- Effective Communication skills – verbal and written
- Planning and organizational capability
- Analytical mind
- Flexible approach
- Good housekeeping abilities
- Able to clean and organize industrial areas
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience within an industrial environment
- Industrial cleaning experience
- Experience of working flexible shift patterns
- FLT licence
- Loading shovel licence
- Bobcat Licence
- Industrial process skills
- Experience of working in a self-managed team environment
- Trained in plant areas
- Knowledge of HACCP/Environmental Permits
Other relevant information to the position
- Decisions should be undertaken where possible through communication with area coordinators
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She started as an intern and not only found a career that took her around the world, she also found a team that’s like family.Meet Anita
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Learn More (Inclusion & Diversity)