Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Process Engineer is an integral part of the multi-disciplinary Gouda Capital Excellence team, dedicated to capital investments and projects. Collaborating with Plant Improvement Engineers and CI specialists, you will leverage engineering techniques to enhance manufacturing processes and products. Your primary responsibilities will involve providing technical support in process engineering, leveraring your operational experience, continuous improvement mindset and project management skills to ensure safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of plant operations. With a strong engineering background you will proactively identify areas for improvement and drive innovative design and development initiatives.
Located at the Gouda site, a dynamic bio-refinery complex, you will contribute to delivering cutting-edge, bio-based solutions to our valued customers. As part of the rapidly expanding Cargill Bioindustrial business, this is an exciting opportunity to actively participate in decarbonization efforts, explore new technologies and drive innovation within the organization.
- Review and recommend manufacturing equipment and processes designed to be efficient, cost-effective, and to promote quality and reliability.
- Assesses current manufacturing equipment and processes and makes recommendations for changes and improvements related to efficiency, cost-effectiveness and to promote quality and reliability.
- Contribute technical expertise to support Process Safety Management activities, including participation in HAZOPs, pressure relief calculations and follow-up on HAZOP actions.
- Contribute to strategic capital projects as required to accomplish plant strategic goals (e.g. equipment specification, technical calculations). Prioritize multiple activities, effectively utilizing internal and external resources.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Possesses working knowledge of engineering subject matter
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Proficiency in distillation units and strong understanding of their operations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and strong project management skills, including planning, executions and monitoring.
- Experience with process modelling software such as Aspen Plys/HYSIS is a plus.
- Knowledge of pressure relief calculations and relevant industry standards.
- Ability to review hardware modifications and operational changes independently, acting as discipline representative and challenging operations & other disciplines when necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications
- Understanding of PI (data historian), ACAD (auto CAD), MS Project
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.