Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Associate, will ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. In this role, you will apply basic understanding of plant processes to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, crosschecks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety and training. You will provide technical advice and support to production operations to ensure product quality, minimize process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction and cost minimization and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data. Will be asked to perform moderately complex calculations or execute moderately complex analytical comparisons or experiments.
- Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing & oversight of analytical testing.
- Training of new food safety and quality chemists, analysts, operators, technicians, and personnel from other functional areas.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods
- Able to navigate safely in an industrial environment (e.g., ladders, stairs, stationary and moving industrial equipment)
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts (7pm-7am, Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, and every other Thursday)
- Flexibility to work nights weekends, overtime and holidays
- Knowledge of standard laboratory procedures & equipment (acids, bases & solvents)
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Engineering, or other applied science
- 1 year experience in food, beverage, pharmaceutical manufacturing, or laboratory operations
- Basic food safety knowledge with specific emphasis on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), labeling, food additives, sanitation, and food microbiology
- Ability to manage small projects
- Demonstrated plant manufacturing quality knowledge
- SAP experience
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.