Job ID 276840
Date posted 09/25/2023
Location : Friona, Texas
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Manager is a subject matter authority in environmental compliance. In this role, you will manage the operation of the wastewater treatment plant as well as develop, implement, and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state, and local regulations and requirements for a complex operation with serious environmental event potential.
- Manage the daily operations and all associated duties, and record keeping, including maintenance of the wastewater facility to maintain environmental compliance with Local, State, Federal, and Internal requirements.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs to ensure compliance with environmental permits including wastewater, water, air, and solid wastes.
- Define, implement, and lead processes for risks, hazards and opportunity identification and determine resources required to execute.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that address operation or business disruptions, recovery and social media and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Promote environmental, health and safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health and safety issues, practices and risks, coaching others as the need arises.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and environmental, health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Lead sustainability and resource efficiency efforts for the plant.
- Lead and develop a team, coach, and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Certified Class C-Texas Wastewater Operator, and Class C Water Operator or ability to obtain certifications within 12 months of hire.
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match