Sales Manager UK
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package including company car/ allowance, contributory pension, private healthcare, and performance related bonus.
Job Purpose and Impact
Job location: Liverpool (Speke), L24 8RB, Worksop, S80 2RS, York (YO31 8BA), Manchester (M17 1PA) or Witham St Hughs (LN6 9TN) or UK remote with travel to our locations when required.
Cargill’s global Cocoa and Chocolate business connects our deep cocoa knowledge with our broad food ingredient expertise, managing our supply chain from sourcing the beans at origin up to delivering our cocoa and chocolate products to our customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries.
To strengthen our business we are searching for a Sales Manager to build long term relationships and insight with our gourmet and distribution customers in the UK, in order to drive financial impact and improve opportunities for the customer.
The role is a permanent, full time Monday-Friday position. Travel in the UK will be required to customers.
• Identify, initiate, develop and maintain long lasting working relationships with customers focused on value selling
• Execute a focused growth and retention plan for the UK region, to develop existing / prospect accounts to achieve volume margin opportunities
• Resolve problems, ensuring customers receive high quality service
• Review and report on customer retention, business opportunities and market trends
• Delivering on sales performance and financial targets (sales volume, prices, revenue, profitability)
• Ownership for coordination of all customer related queries/issues
• Working with and influencing internal stakeholders in a matrix organisation in proactive and reactive situations
• Identifying, developing and activating new leads/prospects/accounts for value added products
• University or degree (or equivalent) or qualified by relevant work experience
• Experience in sales in a complex organisation, from the Food industry or similar (e.g. ingredients, flavourings)
• Experience of customer initiated cross functional project management
• Consultative value based selling skills and providing customers with solutions
• Positive relationship and influencing Skills
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
• Experience within Chocolate, Gourmet Chocolate and Decorations would be useful but not required
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.