Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Merchant will be responsible for the coverage of two major Cargill plants with an overall processing capacity of over 1 million metric tons. In this role, you will continuously develop relationships with customers, suppliers, and business counterparts. You will also be analyzing regional and local markets, develop game plans and trading ideas, and ensure a smooth execution.
- Purchase of grains or oilseeds for two major processing plants in Germany and guarantee a smooth execution
- Collaborate with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Actively trade grains or oilseeds in local cash and paper markets
- Manage market, position and profit and loss, budgeting and load management, based on information gathered by junior team members.
- Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts to develop business solutions to meet their needs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Related work experience in a similar industry
- Strong customer focus and analytical skills
- Independence in work, including independent decision-making
- Fluent in English and German spoken and written
- Ability to work in a dynamic international environment
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/