Commercial Merchandising Trainee (m/w/d)
Collaborate with other trainees in an international, multicultural environment and create a positive impact in your community and the world.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in relevant work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Location: Dusseldorf, Germany
Note: This is a full-time, permanent opening.
What we offer
Our commercial merchandising trainee program offers a unique opportunity to unlock your full potential and develop yourself as a future leader in our commodity merchandising team. Learn about our agricultural commodities merchandising industry and how we operate in a rapidly changing economic environment. You will also broaden your understanding of local supply and demand factors that impact markets, and commercial decisions to generate revenue. As well as initiate and negotiate on terms of commodity purchase and collaborate with our supply chain and plant operations teams to timely fulfill commodity contracts for our customers.
As part of this traineeship, you will join our two-year Next Generation Graduate Program where you will collaborate with a diverse group of individuals from across EMEA, enriching each other while addressing business challenges. Together you will build first-class skills and a network that will benefit you throughout your career. As a participant in the program, you will:
• Collaborate on projects with other trainees (in-person and virtually)
• Join regular networking sessions with managers and peer groups
• Benefit from individual and group coaching from current or former trainees
• Participate in a highly engaging in-person Summit twice a year where you will interact with senior leaders and join learning sessions and personal development workshops
• Be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
What we look for
• Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in Business, Engineering or Agricultural studies.
• Fluency in English and German
• General understanding and strong interest in geo-political dynamics and trends
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• High integrity and ethical standards
• Natural leadership ability, motivation, initiative, risk appetite and resilience
• Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-functional teams
• Curiosity to learn and create new ways of building and improving systems and processes
• Strong data and analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
The selection process is a discovery for both of us and starts with an introductory self-recorded or live video interview with a recruiter. Followed by a video or in-person meeting with the team. The finalists will be invited to complete an online assessment and have an interview with the hiring manager. A business case study may be introduced as part of the process.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.