Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Global Strategic Marketing and Technology Director Shrimp is a leader with deep species/industry knowledge and understanding of how to create new value for our relevant customers and capture a fair share of the new value created for Cargill. The Global Strategic Marketing and Technology Director Shrimp leads Cargill Aqua Nutrition (CQN) growth across the portfolio for the given species. This role provides our customers and business a competitive advantage in priority growth markets in this species.
In this role, you will work closely with the Strategic Marketing and Technology (SMT) teams in the markets to identify and elevate appropriately growth opportunities and challenges and facilitate talent development.
This position will work in a fast-pace environment, simplify the complexity with stakeholders (senior leaders, business leaders), provide industry expertise, and ensures growth in the given species aligned to CQN Group expectations, will direct and develop strategy, leading activities across the entire product line portfolio.
• Develop the Shrimp strategy for the Group by working within SMT and business leaders, other functions and senior leadership.
• In collaboration with market business leaders, is accountable for accomplishing business and financial goals through a successful deployment of the species portfolio, offerings & capabilities, leading-edge practices, and by building high-performance teams.
• Direct preparation and introduce new offerings, define minimum expectations for competitive capabilities to outpace market growth with tactical deliverables (7 P’s, go-to-market) in priority growth markets.
• Lead the technology application, commercial training, & customer support with large accounts in the given species and also work closely with the other species counterparts in the geography the Global Strategic Marketing and Technology Director Shrimp is focusing.
• Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports across the globe, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. Whilst directly managing your own team, you will lead through influence in the various shrimp/CQN markets across the globe. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Aqua nutrition or Aquaculture or equivalent business experience.
Minimum of eight years of related work experience in Aqua nutrition or Aqua health business, five years of supervisory experience.
Travel globally up to 30-40% where Aqua nutrition conducts business.
Fluent in English.
PhD or Master’s degree in Aqua Nutrition, MBA or similar educational degree.
Deep industry knowledge and understanding how to create new value for customer and capture value for Cargill.
Proven business or functional leadership experience with focused experience on business development and growth.
Experience leading strategy portfolio of projects in a complex business and marketing environment.
Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level; comfortable being able to quickly join the leadership team and immediately add value.
Must possess rigorous analytical disciplined approach as well as dynamic, abstract problem-solving skills (get to the answer via both 'inspiration' and 'perspiration').
Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations – past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus.
Strong interpersonal skills (builds trust) as team leader and team player with experience managing and training others a plus.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/