Quality Assurance/FSQR Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Dayton, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: 1st
Compensation: $20 - $22 /hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Marathon Health Clinic (Employer sponsored health center)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement/Opportunities to grow
- Employee Discounts
- 40% Ensure food safety guidelines are followed at all times
- 40% Ensure compliance with regulations and specifications of incoming raw materials and outgoing product
- throughput all processes
- 10% Enforce and audit Good Hygiene Practices
- 5% Evaluate and verify production practices that ensure quality products
- 5% All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Must have good math skills
- Must be able to read and write English fluently
- Strong computer skills/knowledge
- Knowledge of production processes helpful
- Must be a self-starter and have good communication skills
- Accuracy, precision, and dependability are a necessity
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Excellent attendance and safety records required
- Must be willing to cross-train to work in other areas of FSQR coverage
- Must be able to work in cold/damp and hot/humid environments
- Must be able to lift product and boxes
- Must work well alone or as a team player
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Previous experience in food / meat plant environment
- HACCP training
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.