Job ID 276003
Date posted 09/07/2023
Location : Charlotte, North Carolina
Food Safety Quality & Regulatory Lab Instrument and Analytics Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Charlotte Instrument and Analytics Specialist will test, calibrate, install, repair and inspect food safety and quality monitoring devices for plant production and process equipment. In this role, you will analyze malfunctions of instruments and control systems, determine necessary steps for repair and work with scientific and analytic food safety and quality computer software, data management, calculators, voltage and current meters and electronic probes in order to diagnose faults in circuitry.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to new team members.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment and develop new and improved food safety and quality measuring and recording equipment.
- Perform calibrations on various devices measuring flow, pressure, temperature, level and speed, documenting equipment inspection, testing and repair activities.
- Investigate and communicate quality related issues including instrument discrepancies, exception reporting and other noncompliance issues.
- Provide troubleshooting, diagnostic and risk assessments of food safety and quality performance instruments and control systems.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong project management, social and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects extending over a period of time.
- Proven ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Proven ability to work expertly and effectively as an individual and in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to be a subject matter expert within plant production, process equipment, and repair techniques
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match