Environment, Health and Safety Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II will lead the implementation, execution and maintenance of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management systems at low to medium complex facility, or help lead at a high complex facility. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter authority for the application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards that comply with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Support the plant manager in facilitating the community and governmental interaction and the external reputation.
- Support contractor environmental, health and safety requirements during construction phase and help test and evaluate environmental, health and safety performance according to design during project startup phase.
- Partner with regional domain and country environmental, health and safety to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
- Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
- Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
This position won’t provide relocation
Benefit package includes: Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP). Learn more at: www.cargill.com/myhealth
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.