Job ID 274495
Date posted 08/16/2023
Location : Camrose, Canada | McLennan, Canada | Vermilion, Canada | Beiseker, Canada | Equity, Canada
Operations Management Associate - Grain Handling
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Operations Management Associate
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with the possibility of filling the role before the application deadline. Please submit your application as soon as possible, so it may be reviewed to be considered for the position.
Connect to meaningful work. Feed the world. Achieve your higher purpose.
What if your ideas could nourish the world? As an associate, we transfer your knowledge and skills into profound experiences that positively impact our global community. From food to transportation, your innovative solutions, collaboration and dedication will evolve industries to take on tomorrow's greatest challenges. And that's just the beginning! Because when your skills meet our unrivaled network and breadth of opportunity, your career is without bounds. Join our community to realize the impact of your work, help people around the world, and connect with something greater.
Our fast-paced plants are powered by collaboration, passion, and a shared commitment to our vision of feeding the world. In Operations, your work will touch countless lives through the families and communities you help feed. This position is a training role that will prepare you to lead diverse teams as a plant Operations Supervisor following this 6-12 month training program. During this time, you will get the support and inspiration you need to choose your own path in developing an exciting career with global impact. With us, your opportunities are endless. During your time here, the path your training takes will be entirely up to you and may include:
- Environmental, Health & Safety Leadership
- Continuous Improvement
- Human Resources/Talent Management/Employee Relations
- And much more based on your areas of interest and/or business needs
When you join one of our Grain Facilities you will get a little dirty and dusty. That’s because these are boots on the ground facilities where you spend 60% of your time outdoors. Here you’ll learn elevator operations and eventually lead a small team. You’ll feel the wind in your face and sun on your skin from the tops of our silos. It is sometimes challenging work as you will have the possibility of working varying shift hours, 8 to 14-hour shifts, and even 6 to 7-day weeks depending on customer demand. As an industry leader, it’s all part of contributing to a successful team that is doing things right, reaching higher, and putting people first. Your work in these facilities will be vital to our mission of nourishing the world.
No matter who you are or where you are, we’ve designed our plans and programs to meet your needs. We want to help you take care of what’s needed for today and offer protection to help with tomorrow’s what-ifs. You’ll have access to a wide variety of flexible and inclusive programs to meet your health, financial, and work/life needs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Paid time off
- Supplementary health, dental, disability and life benefits package. Short term and long-term incentives
- Competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to those who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Relocation benefits for those that qualify
Our Vibrant Community
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
- Camrose, AB
- Vermilion, AB
- Equity, AB
- Beiseker, AB
- McLennan, AB
Education/Experience Requirements (meet one or more of the following):
- Pursuing a post-secondary education from an accredited program in any subject area graduating between May 2021 and May 2024 or;
- Achieved at least a Canadian Force's rank of Master Corporal or trade/branch equivalent or;
- Four years relevant experience (as defined by operational, mechanical, and/or leadership experience)
Other Required Qualifications:
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals from a diverse group of backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekends should the occasional need arise
- Pursuing an agriculture, business-related degree, or engineering degree (including but not limited to Animal Science, Ag-Economics, Ag-Business, Ag-Education, Agronomy, Food Science, Feed Science, Meat Science, Grain Science, Operations Management, Ag-Systems Management, Ag-Engineering, Supply Chain, Mechanized Systems Management, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution).
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match