Forklift Operator II- PO Loader
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania |
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Forklift Operator II- PO Loader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Job Type: Full time
Shift: 1st - 2nd
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Marathon Health Clinic (Employer sponsored health center)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- ShortTerm Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount
- Working in a wet or humid environment in cold temperatures and around heavy machinery.
- Lifting, stretching, or moving for long periods of time.
- Safely operate a forklift and/or pallet jack to retrieve pallets of product for bulk orders.
- Stacking and wrapping pallets to match order quantities.
- Loading wrapped pallets into designated truck.
- Follow first in, first out method (FIFO)when completing accurate orders.
- Looking up orders and product locations on a computer.
- Communicating with the Jockey yard driver for trailer moves.
- Trailer and refer temperature inspections.
- Ability to read and decipher inventory reports, number sequencing, stock locations, calculate dates, etc.
- Scanning all totes/boxes to be shipped, recording physical counts, and wrapping pallets to be shipped.
- Inspect pallet jack/High-Reach to ensure is in good working conditions.
- Ensure that all food and safety procedures and practices are being followed.
- Ensure you are wearing proper personal protective equipment.
- Ensure you are following proper lifting procedures
- Ability to manage yourself
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to operate a high reach truck/stand up forklift.
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
- Ability to lift, stretch, and move for long periods of time
- Basic computer knowledge
- Sufficient in time management
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English
- SAP experience
- Prior work history in a fast-paced production environment
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She’s a natural leader that wanted to mentor the next generation. She was empowered to create the Women’s Network in Brazil.Meet Heloiza
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Learn More (Inclusion & Diversity)