LIMS and Quality Control Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Primar location Bergen op Zoom (Netherlands), alternatively Ghent (Belgium). Hybrid working is possible.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Quality Control Specialist will ensure the performance of quality control systems effectiveness and efficiency. In this role, you will ensure that the system tools are in place in the entire organization and that they are aligned to quality, customer, industrial, legal, business and corporate requirements. You will support labs in different locations and businesses by providing advice, coordination, training and service in relation to laboratory information management systems and quality control related topics. The role will thus require occasional travel to other Cargill locations (up to 20%).
- Provide advice on developing and implementing the laboratory information management systems at new locations and in line with the general and local requirements.
- Accountable for the implementation of the solutions across the organization.
- Provide advise on design, workout and implementation of LIMS improvement projects across the organization.
- Support LIMS automation projects and continuous improvements on locations where LIMS is already available.
- Provide input into the training on all system modules, for new local key users, for new end users on specific implementations and on continuous improvements.
- Provides the first line contact/assist on LIMS issues, between the locations and the Cargill IT Support organization.
- Drive food safety full quality data processing through the tools system integration cross location and the governance in accordance with the local laws and agreements with customers.
- Lead and provide input on specific quality control related projects for laboratories within the organization.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Good understanding of analytical and qualitative activities.
- Good understanding of LIMS applications and related common software packages.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Science (Food Technology, Biotechnology, Chemistry), or a similar program on a scientific base.
- SAP and/or STARLIMS knowledge is an advantage.
- Familiar with production processing and operations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Practical /pragmatic approach to problem solving and timely solution execution.
- Be customer-focused and achievement-driven.
- Ability to lead, coach, engage and develop teams.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.